Saturday, August 14, 2010

Boxed Water is...



...ridiculous. And so am I for buying it, for giving into my weakness for good packaging and an environmentally-friendly hook. I think it was the line, "Our boxes are recyclable where facilities exist (recyclecartons.com)..." that made me pull out the 2 bucks to take this carton-o-goodness home. Recyclable cartons were news to me, and I was all about supporting the cause.

Unfortunately, upon returning home I found out that the site was UK-based and carton recycling locations in the states are dispersed at best. In Georgia, there are 4 places to recycle this well-designed con, all of which I'll have to burn fossil fuel to get it there. Sigh.

But all is not for naught. Falling victim to green marketing for the umpteenth time compelled me to make something out of this by recording my exploration in life-after-making-boutique art and figuring out how I can best use my talents and passions to help someone other than myself.

So from ARTlantis (June) until this week, I've taken a hiatus from making art outside of my jobbie job. I've spent QT with friends, family, myself, and nature. I've researched how to make my studio and my entire life less wasteful. I'm not 100% clear on exactly what I'm doing yet, but you can bet this carton will be involved in one sliced-and-adhered way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment